“Towards sustainable rural livelihoods.”
The organization that I did my practice experience with was the Center for the Environment and Community Assets Development (CECAD).
The Center for Environment and Community Assets Development (CECAD) is a non-governmental organisation which was established on 15th of November 2004 by an interdisciplinary group of researchers and practitioners with a social and natural background, which include biology, ecology, environment, conservation, community development, resource management, economics and society.
- Support officials and residents in improving their skills in analysing needs, planning, monitoring and evaluating local agendas and in conflict management.
- Provide a consultancy service and technical support to implement legislation in the field of environmental protection and community development, with the aim of managing local resources effectively and sustainably.
- Increase participation in the management, protection, development and rational use of local resources with an aim of protecting the environment.
- Coordinate with other relevant organisations to arrange higher education and to launch propaganda programs and campaigns on rural development and environmental protection. This is in order to create knowledgeable staff who are experienced in sustainable resource management.
- Obtain funding from national and international organisations.
Individuals to carry out further research.
- Expand international relations with the intention of sharing and exchanging information and skills in environmental protection and community development, with worldwide and regional organisations.
- Edit, publish and print research and development project reports to further educate, train and raise awareness to the residents.
Trung tâm Môi trường và Phát triển Nguồn lực cộng đồng